The self-government of the student is the object of discipline. Directing this development without hindering it by control is the continued study of the Hanson Place S.D.A. School. Students are expected to conduct themselves in an exemplary manner, both on and off school grounds.
When imposing discipline, the staff at Hanson Place S.D.A. School will adhere to the following general guidelines:
- Discipline will be administered, when necessary, to protect students, school staff or property and to maintain essential order and discipline.
- Students will be treated fairly and equitably. Discipline will be based on a careful assessment of the circumstances of each case:
- a.Seriousness of the offense
- b.Student’s age
- c.Frequency of misconduct
- d.Students attitude
- e.Potential effect of the misconduct on the school environment.
Disciplinary action may include, but not limited to:
- Teacher/Parent/Student/Principal conferences
- Restitution or restoration, as applicable, for destruction or vandalism of property.
- Exclusion from extracurricular activities, such as field trips.
- Suspension for up to three days.
- Expulsion/dismissal from school.
- Any other disciplinary action as determined by the principal, such as detention.
There is no corporal punishment.