In general, all students are entitled to enjoy the basic rights of citizenship recognized by law for persons of age and maturity. The Hanson Place S.D.A. School will foster a climate for mutual respect for the rights of others. Each student is expected to respect the rights and privileges of other students, teachers and staff.
All members of the Hanson Place S.D.A. School share in the responsibility for the supervision of student behavior. Parents and guardians must also assume the responsibility for the conduct of their child.
The student’s responsibility for achieving a positive learning environment at school and/or school-related activities shall include the following:
1. Attend all classes daily and be on time.
2. Prepare for each class with appropriate materials and completed assignments.
3. Dress according to the school’s dress code. Hats are not to be worn in any part of the building.
4. Know that the use and possession of illegal or unauthorized drugs, alcohol and weapons are unlawful and prohibited.
5. Show respect toward others
6. Conduct oneself in a responsible manner.
7. Know and obey all school and classroom rules.
8. Cooperate with school staff should there be a need for an investigation of disciplinary matters.
9. Eating is done in the Cafeteria only.
10. Gum chewing and candy eating are prohibited in the school.
11. Radios, walkmans, beepers, cellular phones and games are not to be brought to school.
12. Keep your desk area clean.
13. Homework is to be done daily. There is homework detention.
14. Enter the classroom quietly, take your assigned seat and follow your teacher’s instruction.